THE CALL IS OPEN TILL MAY 31 ON WYLAB WEBSITE.
THE SELECTION DAY IN JUNE WILL DETERMINE THE STARTUPS THAT WILL PARTICIPATE IN A 12 WEEK INCUBATION/ACCELERATION PROGRAM.
THE INVESTOR DAY WILL BE HELD IN OCTOBER.
Wylab, officially launched its “Wylab Incubation Program 2019” – WIP2019 – last Monday April 15th.
Call is now open for startups to participate in the fourth incubation program organized by Wylab, with the aim to select and grow the best solutions and technological innovations related to sports.
Anyone with a game changing product or service can apply to WIP 2019 till next May 31st.
Federico Smanio, Wylab CEO, explains the goal of the initiative: “We are always looking for solutions, applications that can revolutionize the world of sports, empowering organizations with the right tools and technologies to allow them to embrace changes and adapt to the digital revolution and transformation of fans behavior. With this forth program, we aim to sustain the growth of the most innovative sports tech startups, offering free high-quality training and consultancy; to give them access to the main sports players, federations, leagues, clubs and sports-tech brands; to facilitate the fundraising process through our well established and privileged relations with top notch investors”.
The projects submitted must be technologies or solutions that can be applied to the following areas:
- Athletic performance: Wearables, sensors, tools that support the monitoring, measurement and prediction of performance, injury prevention and the processing of training metrics. Applications for the health, wellness, diet and nutrition of athletes.
- Fan experience: Technologies that help organizations profile and engage their users by providing an increasingly immersive experience.
- Smart arena: Applications and platforms that help events fruition, bringing spectators closer to them, starting from ticket purchase to new experiences of entertainment and up to security.
- Digital Media: Innovation within the area of media broadcasting and creation of personalized content. Social media, digital marketing, second screen connected to sports.
- Club management: Applications that support the management of sport clubs with the aim to optimize time and resources. Fan Relationship Management (FRM), big data analysis tools.
- E-sports: Innovation within the area of competitive video games.
Applying to WIP2019 is easy! You can enter your project on our dedicated webpage WIP2019. There you will find an application form, rules and frequently asked questions.
“Wylab – Federico Smanio says – will evaluate the submissions of startups operating in sectors other than sports, provided their solution is relevant to the sports industry. The call is open either to projects in the early stage of development and to those in a more advanced stage, either to Italian or international entities that offer potentially disruptive products or services for the world of sport”.
Timeline. Call is open from April 15th to May 31st 2019; on June 7th Wylab will host its Selection Day, to select the startup that will take part in the WIP2019. “Later on – Smanio explains – after the week of June 24th Wylab will start the incubation and the acceleration programs inside its headquarters. Both paths will last 12 weeks. Between July 29th and August 2nd, a mid-term evaluation will determine the startups that will access the second phase culminating in the Investor Day, on October 18th, when startups will be offered the opportunity to pitch to some of the most respected and important investors in the Italian and international landscape”.
For further details, you can reach Wylab via email at email@example.com or phone at +39 347 2502800.